Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Which is it better to do. refill ink or buy new ones.?

do refills print as well as new.Which is it better to do. refill ink or buy new ones.?
I do not refill ink cartridges. I use a continuous ink supply system - less mess and I can visually monitor the contents of the ink reservoirs.





I am using EPSON printers. I think the print quality is the same. Note that I clean my print heads at least once a week.





Have a nice day !Which is it better to do. refill ink or buy new ones.?
I think the answer to this question depends on who is asking it; if money is no object, buy new.





If money is an object, REFILL.





It seems to be true that an OEM [Original Equipment Manuf.] Inkjet Cartridge lasts a bit longer than a refill, but not by much.


An Inkjet Cartridge can usually be refilled 5-6 times; varies.





If you [or the refiller] use the correct inks for your printer, a refill usually matches an OEM.





I have seen HP ';Black'; Inkjet's in excess of $40.00 new, %26amp; Tri-Color's in excess of $67.00 new [HP website %26amp; Wal Mart are almost the same on prices - there are actually cases where HP is cheaper].





As you probably know, Walgreen's refill Inkjet Cartridges for $10.00 Black; $15.00 Tri-Color, %26amp; they generally do a good job. There are others who also do a good job, including Cartridge World %26amp; Rapid Refill, but they can not compete with Walgreen's prices.





If you consider refilling your own Inkjet Cartridges, there are many websites that will help you get started - I will list three of them in sources box - you can also search for ';Inkjet Cartridge Refilling';.





I have been refilling my own HP cartridges for ~ 4 months now; I've made some Rookie-Mistakes, %26amp; once - quite a mess; However,





It cost me ~ $1.00 to refill my HP-21 Black [05 ml ink]; HP %26amp; Wal Mart charge ~ $17.00.





It cost me ~ $1.00 to refill my HP-22 Tri-Color [05 ml ink]: HP %26amp; Wal Mart charge ~ $22.00.





It cost me ~ $1.75 to refill my HP-15 Black [25 ml ink]; HP %26amp; Wal Mart charge ~ $30.00.





It cost me ~ $1.75 to refill my HP-78 Tri-Color [19 ml ink]: HP %26amp; Wal Mart charge ~ $35.00.





HP %26amp; Wal Mart charge ~ $ 65.00 [EACH] for a HP-12 [55 ml ink]: Yellow, Magnetta, OR Cyan; it would cost ~ $3.00 each to refill these cartridges.





This is getting long - it just gets me - charging 1,000% - 1,500% [AND MORE] of actual ink price - quite a profit margin, huh.





If you refill, use the correct ink for your printer, %26amp; do not overfill cartridges - fill to ~ 80% - no more - especially true with Tri-Color; Overfilling will result in ';Cross-Contamination'; - colors will not print correctly.





Good Luck,





Ken C.


';Little Covered Wagon Cartridge X-change';
The only bad thing about refilling ink cartridges is that is messy and sometimes difficult to do, depending on what brand printer you have. The print quality is the same, since it's using the same cartridge, but the heads on the cartridge get worn out over time as well, reducing the print quality due to worn out parts. Just buy a new cartridge every few times to replace your worn out cartridge and refill it the rest.
Buy new.
i have an hp c3180 all in one and refill my own with prices at 15 and 20 $ its worth it to me

No comments:

Post a Comment