Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can i refill the ink of my printer for life?

Every ink cartridge can be refilled only a certain number of times. Usually, the number is somewhere around 4-6, but some can be refilled much more, and some just don't take to the refill.





There's no particular difference between models, it's the individual cartridge that determines how many refills it can take.ReCan i refill the ink of my printer for life?
I agree - why buy a new chunk of plastic at $8-$25 just for 4 ml of ink? Worse yet, why buy a new cartridge when only ONE color is out in a multi-color cartridge?!





Your success refilling cartridges will depend upon the cartridge type. Some cartridges are just ink ';containers'; - they do not have the actual ink jet nozzles in them. These can be refilled many times without problem. However, these often include a chip designed that counts how much you've used them, and when you've used about 90% of the ink, the chip tells the printer the cartridge is empty. After refilling, this chip can be ignored on SOME printers by pressing certain buttons. But usually they now require resetting - otherwise your printer just ignores your now FULL cartridge, saying its still empty. This chip can usually be reset to show FULL with a special device, but these devices are not cheap -- so it requires refilling a LOT of cartridges to pay for one of them.





If your printer uses a cartridge that has the ink-jets built into the cartridge (HP does this a lot), you may have less luck refilling, especially if you run them ';dry'; (until they have no more ink) before refilling. However if you stop soon enough (at the low ink warning) they can be refilled successfully.





I've personally found refilling both types of cartridges to be quite messy. For this reason, I stopped buying ink and syringes. I shopped around and found a local cartridge refilling company that charges me about $2 more than it would cost me to refill them myself. They have the chip resetting machines, and spare chips if something goes wrong resetting it. They guarantee the refills (though I've never had one fail).





If I were printing photographs that I wanted to come out perfectly, I would only use manufacturers' original cartridges - because I believe there are slight variations in the ink colors from other suppliers. I've been very pleased using refilled cartridges for regular business graphics and snapshots for about five years. And I've saved hundreds of dollars doing it.





NOTE: some of the large office supply stores in the U.S. sell refilled/ recycled cartridges. These work fine, but here they seem to cost about twice as much as my local refiller charges, and don't seem to be any better.





WARRANTY: There is some question if a printer manufacturer will honor the warranty if refilled cartridges have been used. I suspect they will NOT if they detect their use - since printer manufacturers make a huge profit on ink cartridges.Can i refill the ink of my printer for life?
Get a CISS and exchange the tanks they supply for 55 gallon drums. They should last you for life.


If you do not like my answer, then take a look at your question.
yes, you can refill the cartridges for the life of your printer but it will be a very short life. Read this for details http://ccs-digital.com/refills.asp
You Could Get A Laser Printer and Not Have To Worry About Ink.
  • cute myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment