Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Refilling ink cartridges for printer: Should I buy with or without chip?

I seek to buy ink jet cartridges for my printer that I can refill. However, the seller is offering two types of cartridges: 1 WITH CHIP AND THE OTHER WITHOUT CHIP.





Not sure if the chip will block me from refilling, or if either of the two will be able to be refilled. Please advise. Thanks and happy new year and beyond.Refilling ink cartridges for printer: Should I buy with or without chip?
The chipped cartridges are for printers that can read the properties of the cartridge to begin with. meaning that if yours has that then tampering with it and refilling will do no good as you'll not be allowed to use it. If your printer isn't capable of reading chips then just get the non chipped cartridges and save maoney as those darn things are STUPID expensive!!!Refilling ink cartridges for printer: Should I buy with or without chip?
the chip tells the printer how many prints can that cartridge take. Sometimes it is a bad idea to buy one with chip cause if the chip says 300 pages then it will print only 300 pages irrispective of how many half pages it has printed. even if u print 1 character per page it will only print 300 characters and then say it requires ink. But HP syas always use it with the chip. so if u want a cheap solution go for without chip.
a chip will give you a hard time when refilling, however without a chip your printer will not recognize the cartridge.





I assume you have a Canon printer.





WIthout a chip, you need to remove and tape the old chip onto the new cartridge are reset it.
I think you need the chip for the printer to recognize it. I bought some non HP cartridges for my printer and has to adjust the chip before the printer knew it had the cartridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment