Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What do you think of refill kits for ink cartridges!?

I find the cost of original cartridges too expensive but I don't know how difficult it would be to refill an empty cartridge!


Thank youWhat do you think of refill kits for ink cartridges!?
easy to use i love them they save me moneyWhat do you think of refill kits for ink cartridges!?
It can be messy. I would just buy a new cartridge. If your machine is still under warranty and you use the refill kits, they won't cover the expense of getting it fixed or getting a new machine.
Apart from the mess, you can run into problems with clogged heads eventually. I've tried 'em and have gone back to using generic replacement carts from PrinterInks.com - good value, no compatibility problems %26amp; next day service.
Refill ink is a great way to save money, they are very easy to use. As long as you pay attention to what you are doing everything turns out great. There are some cartridges that when you refill them the printer doesn't recognize them as being filled which means you need to reset the chip. Chip resetters are very inexpensive and well worth it also.
This link will show you how to refil many ink carts,these are the guys I learnt from....


http://www.inksupply.com/


I agree with you regarding cost, and with others on the pitfalls. It can be messy until you know exactly what you are doing!


That said, I gave up refillng my cartridges, in fact I have not touched my carts for over a year and have printed huge numbers of photo's


Heres what I do now..


http://www.inkexpress.co.uk/index.php?p=鈥?/a>


And the results are fabulous, its so cheap I dont care what I print. The savings are great, for example, I get 600ml of ink for 拢20, equal to about 45 cartridges at 拢6.50 per cart. Saving about 拢250 on the cost of carts, after paying 拢20 for ink. My solution was to search for ';Continuous Ink Supply Systems';, define which printers it can be applied to, then pick my printer and system. As you can see from the savings, you can save the cost of a printer in the first year
It depends upon what you are trying to refill. What almost every kit does not tell you is that if the cartridge is not printing well already, it isn't going to work when refilled.





Many newer printers are also smart chipped so they will not function regardless of whether or not you have refilled the cartridge. Given a little more information about the model and or printer cartridge I will be better able to answer.





Keep in mind they can be messy, and you always want one tailored to your specific cartridge.
Not difficult so long as you like having multicoloured finger tips
I HAVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD WHEN I USED TO HAVE A LEXMARK PRINTER(NEVER AGAIN) DO YOURSEL A FAVOUR AND GO ON A SITE CALLED UKDVDR AND SELECT COMPATIBALE INK CARTS THEN SEARCH FOR YOUR PARTICULAR PRINTER THEY ARE DIRT CHEAP BUT VERY GOOD, I USUALLY BUY IN BULK TO SAVE COSTS BELIEVE ME ITS MUCH BETTER THAN MESSING ON WITH LOOSE INK!
If your cartridges include a print head then you are reusing a worn out or clogged head when you refill it. The cartridge level indicator usually does not work with refilled ones.
Yes. It is a great way to save money. Try this site. They sell real cheap the refills as well as compatible cartridges. ezeinks.co.uk
Yes it works and very cheap. You can buy refill kits on pc world or tesco, instruction on how to do the refill is included.
Ya i know where your coming from i have a crappy lexmark p915.multi-colour carts are a total rip off.I use refill kits now,they are real easy to fill the carts but they are messy and sometimes i get problems after refilling depending on how low i let the cartridge go etc,etc.I am gonna buy a decent expensive printer and one of those things you attach to the printer that lets you fill each individual ink tank when i get the spare cash.but i'm stickin with the refill kits until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment